- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
A summer internship opportunity in Australia's oldest and largest city!
Spend six-and-a-half weeks in dynamic, multicultural Sydney! It’s Australia’s oldest and largest city, with spectacular harbor views and a cosmopolitan vibe. You’ll work and live alongside friendly and laid-back Sydneysiders, earning academic credit, improving your professional skills, and embracing your new culture.
Arcadia Abroad’s personalized internship program lets you work with an internship coordinator to identify your goals and interests, leading to an interview and placement in one of Sydney's leading public institutions or commercial enterprises. Program components include: your placement; completion of a research project pertaining to your work experience; a course on Australian society, history and workplace culture; and one elective.
We’re committed to finding you a placement opportunity that helps you to grow professionally, personally, and academically. You will work three days per week at your internship placement, while also attending class for one day per week. Your assessment will include a research project based on your work experience.
Arcadia has placed interns in fields including advertising; architecture and landscape architecture; arts; business operations (including HR); entrepreneurial start-ups; environment & sustainability; film & TV; financial services; health; hospitality; journalism; law; marketing; NGO’s; politics; psychology; public relations; sport; theatre; and more. The Placement Information and Field Guide outlines more placement details.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- Blue Mountains
- Trip to Northwest Australia
- Mission Beach- Experience a bush tucker tour
- The Grampians-Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island- Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- With its magnificent harbor, ocean side beaches, modern skyscrapers, and multi-cultural population, you'll quickly understand why Sydney is such a popular destination for students from around the world. The vibrant life of this city of more than 4 million people means that you'll never be at a loss for things to do. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Great Barrier Reef · Visit Northwest Australia · The Grampians - breathtaking scenery · Broken Bay - rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts · North Stradbroke Island - kayak & snorkel · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 GPA - Recommended 2.8 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program