- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer with Arcadia Abroad in Sydney, Australia!
Sydney is an amazing city, the oldest and largest in Australia, with breathtaking harbor views and a friendly, multicultural vibe. Spend your summer taking two courses for a total of six credits, taught by expert Arcadia Abroad faculty. Enjoy personalized academic support while taking part in a variety of excursions as part of your study.
This program offers an accessible GPA requirement (2.5 recommended, 2.0 for consideration). Courses focus on the interwoven political, economic and global interests of Asia and Australia; environmental policy & ethics; and on issues facing Aboriginal and settled Australian communities.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- Blue Mountains
- Trip to Northwest Australia
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- With its magnificent harbor, ocean side beaches, modern skyscrapers, and multi-cultural population, you'll quickly understand why Sydney is such a popular destination for students from around the world. The vibrant life of this city of more than 4 million people means that you'll never be at a loss for things to do. Much of the life of the city is centered around the water. Sydney Harbour serves as a main transportation artery for ferries, and a recreation venue with sailboats and pleasure craft. The Sydney Opera House and Darling Harbour are just two of the locations where you will find performances and festivals right on the water. Oceanside beaches like Manly, Bondi, and Coogee are popular venues for surfing, swimming, and enjoying a sunny day in Sydney. Enjoy a variety Arcadia excursions as part of your study. These excursions have in the past included a weekend to the Blue Mountains, hikes in National Parks, performances at the Opera House, and doing environmental assessments.
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA - Recommended 2.3 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...