- Sydney, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend summer studying in the exciting, beautiful and cosmopolitan city of Sydney, where the multicultural population gives the city a dynamic, colorful and friendly vibe. With an accessible GPA requirement, fascinating courses taught by Arcadia faculty and an emphasis on learning outside the classroom, this program promises to teach you in many different ways.
You’ll study two courses for three credits each, focusing on the interwoven political, economic and global interests of Asia and Australia and on contemporary Australian issues. Arcadia excursions will be a big part of your study, to help you get to know the city, key places of interest, historic and social context and the mix of cultures living together. You’ll have support from Arcadia staff and faculty the entire time to ensure you make the most of your experience both academically and through personal development.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- With its magnificent harbor, ocean side beaches, modern skyscrapers, and multi-cultural population, you'll quickly understand why Sydney is such a popular destination for students from around the world. The vibrant life of this city of more than 4 million people means that you'll never be at a loss for things to do. Much of the life of the city is centered around the water. Sydney Harbour serves as a main transportation artery for ferries, and a recreation venue with sailboats and pleasure craft. The Sydney Opera House and Darling Harbour are just two of the locations where you will find performances and festivals right on the water. Oceanside beaches like Manly, Bondi, and Coogee are popular venues for surfing, swimming, and enjoying a sunny day in Sydney. Enjoy a variety Arcadia excursions as part of your study. These excursions have in the past included a weekend to the Blue Mountains, hikes in National Parks, performances at the Opera House, and doing environmental assessments.
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA - Recommended 2.3 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program