API was founded in 1997 by four women dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable study abroad programs for U.S. students. Their diverse experiences abroad, first as students and later as professionals, shaped their philosophy on the value of international education as a means of promoting intellectual curiosity, cultural sensitivity, and holistic personal development. API firmly believes that extensive pre-departure preparation, coupled with strong support services on-site, facilitates academic, cultural and linguistic learning. Within the supportive environment of the API programs, API students are encouraged to explore their host communities and become increasingly independent and confident in their own abilities. API also believes that study abroad should be an activity that is accessible to as many students as possible, and in that vein, seeks to include as many components in the program price as possible for students at a low cost.
API programs offer U.S. college and university students the opportunity to earn college credit toward their degree programs in the U.S. by completing coursework in a wide variety of disciplines, including such fields as business, the social sciences, medical studies and the arts. In combination with its academic offerings, API strives to maximize each student's potential for personal growth through well-designed orientation programs, extensive cultural and social outings, carefully selected housing options, and a variety of excursions. API takes student safety seriously and provides extensive safety information, medical and evacuation insurance, and 24-hour emergency access to directors on site to ensure that students stay healthy and happy abroad.
API has grown rapidly since its founding nearly 20 years ago. We now send more than 4,000 students and participants abroad annually to over 50 cities within twenty-nine countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Oceania. Our success is owed in large part to the dedication of our staff, both stateside and abroad, and the strong relationships we have cultivated with partner universities. We strive to provide individual attention to every participant and attract students from colleges and universities across the United States, public and private, large and small.
Programs from API
- APIExperience life down under alongside Australian and international students with API! Students can study a wide variety of courses while engaging with Australia's diverse physical, social, and cultural landscapes.
- APIAPI offers students the opportunity to study a wide variety of classes in both English and Spanish in while experiencing life in Spain's incredible capital.
- APIAPI offers students the opportunity to study a wide variety of courses at three prestigious universities in the cosmopolitan city of Dublin, Ireland.
- APIAPI offers students of all levels of French a chance to immerse themselves in the French je nais se quoi that has enchanted so many across the globe. Experience the best of French art, food, and culture in Caen, Grenoble, or Paris!
- APIStudy a wide variety of courses alongside Irish students in Cork, Dublin, Galway, or Limerick! API offers students the chance to engage with the dreamy Irish landscape while studying at the best universities in Ireland.
- APIAPI offers students the opportunity to study a wide variety of courses while engaging with a multicultural city with a thriving artistic, political, and business scene.
- APIAPI offers students studying in Paris a wide variety of courses taught in both French and English. Enjoy the best of French art, cuisine, and fashion while studying with excellent universities!
- APIAPI offers students the chance to study a wide variety of subjects in a city that has long been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe.
- APIWhile studying a wide variety of courses, exploring the streets, visiting museums, and soaking up Spanish culture, API students in Seville gain a broad education in Spanish language and civilization.
- APIAPI offers students the opportunity to study a wide variety of subjects while experiencing a country with a rich and diverse social and historical landscape.