This program specializes in applications of geospatial technologies to problems of sustainable development & the environment.
- Worcester, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Geographic Information Systems
- Program Description:
- The Master of Arts program in Geographic Information Science for Development and Environment (GISDE) teaches students to become professionals in careers where they apply the world's most advanced computer mapping technologies to address crucial issues concerning socioeconomic development and environmental science. A program in collaboration with IDCE and Clark University's prestigious School of Geography, the GISDE program is unique is a variety of ways. It focuses specifically on applications of geospatial technologies to problems of sustainable development and the environment, such as: - Advanced Raster GIS - Advanced Vector GIS - Advanced Remote Sensing - Computer Programming for GIS - Internet and Open Source GIS - Landscape Ecology - GIS and Land Change Science - Social and Environmental Applications of GIS - GISDE Professional Seminar Most GISDE students finance their education through a combination of savings, loans, scholarships, and grants. IDCE supplies information concerning ways to finance your education through funding. Some applicants find it useful to apply to the GISDE program early, then use the letter of acceptance in their applications to funding agencies. The Idrisi and Clark Labs Advantage Clark University produces the GIS software, Idrisi, which thirty-five thousand professionals use worldwide. It is the only academic institution in the world with a successful 20-year history of GIS and remote sensing software development. Therefore, GISDE students have a unique opportunity to learn the analytical power of raster GIS using Idrisi.
Additional Program Information
- Clark University is accredited by The New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
- Financial Aid:
- - Application form (https://gradapply.clarku.edu/apply/) - Personal Statement - Transcript(s) from all previous colleges/universities - 3 Letters of Recommendation - Resume/CV - Signature Page and $75 application fee - TOEFL/IELTS score (international students from non-English speaking countries or have not studied at a university in U.S. for 4 years) The IDCE Department does not require you to submit GRE scores; however if you have taken the GRE’s and feel your scores would enhance your application, you are welcome to submit them.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants from countries in which English is not the first language must submit original test scores from either 1) a TOEFL score of at least 575 (233 on the computer-based test) or 2) a 90 on the iBT (Internet Based TOEFL) or 3) a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS.