Where Should You Study Abroad? QUIZ
Use this "Where Should You Study Abroad?" quiz as your StudyAbroad.com magnifying glass while examining the alluring powerhouse destinations of China, England, Italy, and Spain.
Find your perfect study abroad destination
Trying to narrow down your search for the perfect study abroad destination may seem like finding a needle in the proverbial haystack we call the world. Use this quiz ("Where Should You Study Abroad?") as your StudyAbroad.com magnifying glass while examining the alluring powerhouse destinations of China, England, Italy, and Spain.
- While traveling, what is your preferred style?
- Something loose and flowing; a tunic or t-shirt and pants. Comfort and function are key.
- Though a little formal in nature, I prefer stylish, tailored pieces and a statement hat. One can never have too much tartan!
- Fitted, fashionable (read: sophisticated) clothing in earth tones or black and white. It is better to be overdressed than under, I always say… even on a plane or train.
- Tasteful, modest clothing made of natural fibers—I never go anywhere without my iron!
- What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
- I’m not exactly a sports enthusiast, but I do enjoy a game of table tennis or basketball with friends!
- Something dignified; I’m a big fan of cricket or golf.
- I’m a little in between team and individual sports: soccer and cycling appeal to me. Let’s just say I like cardio!
- I’ve got the need for speed: give me a good Formula One race.
- A person’s palate says more about taste than you realize. What type of food tickles your fancy?
- My diet triumvirate consists of noodles, rice, and dumplings. Enter in pork and shrimp and I’m in taste overload!
- Fish and chips, Shepard’s pie, or even a delicate tea cup filled to the brim and served with a scone and jam. Cheers, mate!
- Anything served with a good meat sauce… pastas, fish, or a hearty soup. It all sounds good to me!
- Paella or gazpacho—a dish with flavor, lots of flavor!
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- Something distinctive, like the large black-and-white panda, a bear that makes its home in mountainous terrain.
- A ferocious and territorial animal like the majestic lion. Plus, one can never have a bad hair day with a gorgeous mane like that!
- Nothing big or small… an Italian wolf suits me. I’m a nocturnal creature and like to hang out in a group (or pack, if you will)!
- Okay, some call it stubbornness, but I like to think I’m more tenacious. Therefore, a bull suits my personality just fine.
So, which country is most you for our "Where Should You Study Abroad" quiz? Well, if you answered…
Mostly 1's: Your Country is China!
Birthplace of the esteemed Dalai Lama, basketball’s Yao Ming, and actor Jackie Chan, China is also home to popular draws such as the Great Wall, the Terracotta Army of Xián, and the Forbidden City in Beijing. If you’re interested in a location boasting a rich history as well as a bright future, China is your place. Check out some of our year or semester-long programs.
Mostly 2's: Your Country is England!
Monarch Queen Elizabeth, soccer’s David Beckham, and writer William Shakespeare all hail from the area of Great Britain known as England. With historical treasures like Stonehenge, Warwick Castle, and Westminster Abbey, England is at no shortage of things to delight even the most discerning of travelers. Take a look at year or semester-long options.
Mostly 3's: Your Country is Italy!
Famed explorer Christopher Columbus, Chef Giada de Laurentiis, and designer Giorgio Armani count Italy as their homeland. The Leaning Tower of Pisa, gorgeous Lake Como, and the town of Pompeii serve as popular tourist attractions in this boot-shaped country in Europe. Explore our different options!
Mostly 4's: Your Country is Spain!
Tennis’ Rafael Nadal, painter Pablo Picasso, and singer Enrique Iglesias each lay claim to Spain. Located on the Iberian Peninsula in southwest Europe, Spain hosts medieval castles, famed beaches, and architectural highlights like the Palacio Real and Sagrada Familia. Find out what intrigues your academic sense.
Ready to find a program? Get started now!
Bonnie Bottner has a B.A. in English with a concentration in Communications from the University of Tampa. She has worked in marketing and communications for over ten years, and has taken continuing education courses at Georgetown University and College of Notre Dame of Maryland.