- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
In this course students examine different approaches to coping with climate change, from international agreements to market-based solutions and private activities. Theory is mixed with practice to provide concrete examples of how the issue is being addressed at various levels and by various actors. Students critically examine and assess current climate governance in terms of its effectiveness and efficiency and explore contested concepts like equity and justice.
Excursions to Global Reporting Initiative, a world-leading sustainability reporting standard based in Amsterdam; Schoonschip Amsterdam, a sustainable building project; and Eneco Rotterdam, a sustainable energy company.
- Understand how global climate governance has changed over the past 40 years and where it might take us in the future - Improve your communication and debating skills on climate change - Experience practical local and global solutions to climate-change issues in the Netherlands
- Setting Description:
- With over 180 unique nationalities, Amsterdam is a melting pot of cultures and embraces different cultures, religions, and lifestyles. 165 canals criss-cross the entire city, giving it its nickname ‘Venice of the North.’ The city also features more bikes than inhabitants! With a bustling creative industry, Amsterdam offers plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the year. In Amsterdam you can benefit from the advantages of a big city with enough quiet spots to kick back and relax.
- 1150 EUR. The tuition fee includes: • Airport pick-up service • Welcome goodie bag • Orientation programme • Course excursions • On-site support • Emergency assistance • Transcript of records after completion of the course
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers ten scholarships that cover the full tuition and housing fees of one course. Information about how to apply for the scholarship will be posted on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program