- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Innovation and creativity are key drivers of success in many industries today. But how do you propagate a culture of innovation? Organized in collaboration with Cardiff University, this course guides students through the minefield of creativity and innovation in the corporate environment. By introducing new ways of perceiving, understanding, and approaching these aspects of the business matrix, it shows how they can make a real difference to the organization and market.
Unique hands-on, in-company boot camp, developed with and hosted by a corporate partner from the VU Amsterdam network, in which students tackle an innovation challenge in a pressure-cooker situation and present their solutions to company executives.
- Understand the role of innovation and creativity from a marketing strategy perspective. - Understand and be able to apply the basics of design thinking. - Identify, analyse, and explain an effective, creative concept leading to an innovation success. - Apply theoretical concepts, frameworks and models to cases, illustrations and examples. - Understand individual and group creative processes. - Form an innovative team and you understand the challenges inherent to its management.
- Setting Description:
- With over 180 unique nationalities, Amsterdam is a melting pot of cultures and embraces different cultures, religions, and lifestyles. 165 canals criss-cross the entire city, giving it its nickname ‘Venice of the North.’ The city also features more bikes than inhabitants! With a bustling creative industry, Amsterdam offers plenty of cultural activities and events throughout the year. In Amsterdam you can benefit from the advantages of a big city with enough quiet spots to kick back and relax.
- 1150 EUR. The tuition fee includes: • Airport pick-up service • Welcome goodie bag • Orientation programme • Course excursions • On-site support • Emergency assistance • Transcript of records after completion of the course
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- The VU Amsterdam Summer School offers ten scholarships that cover the full tuition and housing fees of one course. Information about how to apply for the scholarship will be posted on the VU Amsterdam Summer School website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Fruitful Experience in VU summer school07/19/17
It's been a great study experience in VU Amsterdam summer school. As far as my program is concerned, the quality is relatively high. We have got instructors from different cultural and educational backgrounds. Besides, we have opportunities to apply the
theories and techniques learned in class by conducting case studies and joining a bootcamp. The course content is mostly about organizational creativity, but I think it can be better to engage students in a game atmosphere to promote individual creativity as well. In general, it has given me valuable insights in business research, managing marketing, managing people, etc., and the course is worth taking.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend