- Tallinn, Estonia
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Legal Studies
- Program Description:
2-year master's programme providing comprehensive knowledge of the principles, regulations, subjects and practice in the field of international law and human rights. The studies take place in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, with close proximity to various governmental institutions and international organisations. Graduates have the necessary knowledge to work as specialists in international, intergovernmental and non-governmental organisations in Estonia and abroad.
CURRICULUM STRUCTURE TOTAL 120 ECTS: General courses (48 ECTS) – courses covering international relations, international settlement disputes, international law and human rights; Elective courses (30 ECTS) – an option to choose from a fixed list of courses; Optional courses (6 ECTS) - all courses available at UT and other Estonian universities; Practice (6 ECTS) – an option to choose between practice in international law or human rights law; Master’s thesis (30 ECTS).
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED: 1. online application; 2. motivation letter; 3. official copy of the Bachelor’s Diploma or its equivalent and Diploma Supplement (transcript/grade list) in the original language; 4. official translation of the Bachelor’s Diploma and Diploma Supplement into English, translation certified; 5. proof of English language proficiency; 6. copy of the passport page stating the applicant's personal details. APPLICATION PROCESS: 1. Submit an online application. Please upload the electronic copies of all required documents for your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme. You will receive an applicant code which gives you access to your account to track your application status. 2. Mail the required documents by the deadline to: International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, Estonia APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 15
- Setting Description:
- Tallinn, the capital and the largest city of Estonia (440,000 inhabitants) is characterised as a "Silicon Valley of the Baltic Sea" by The New York Times. Tallinn is home to various governmental and international organisations, such as the NATO Cyber Defence Centre and European Union IT Agency.
- 3800 EUR.
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Monthly scholarships available.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification, including at least 60 ECTS (one year) of law courses. English language proficiency.
- Scholarships Description:
- Tuition fee waivers are not available.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program