- Tartu, Estonia
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Legal Studies
- Program Description:
The IT Law Programme offers a 1-year MA in IT Law at the University of Tartu, Estonia. Designed for lawyers interested in pursuing careers in the field of information technology and cyber security, the programme trains highly qualified IT Law experts much needed at law firms, IT companies, public agencies, international organizations, and consulting firms. The students will enjoy full access to UT services and full participation in all events of the IT Law Programme. Practical focus: a significant part of teaching in this programme will simulate real-life situations. Students gain access to 30 IT Law practitioners and IT specialists from around the world participating in the programme. As consultants, lecturers, or mentors, they synchronize the legal education with the technical developments in the ICT sector. Broad and comprehensive understanding of IT Law: we provide a systematic understanding of all major subfields of IT law as well as skills necessary for practicing in this area. Along with that, we create extensive links between technical, legal, and policy aspects of development and uses of ICTs, putting heavy emphasis on case studies, real-life exercises, trend assessments, and problem-solving. The students will master a set of technical skills typically required in the ICT sector, e.g. elementary skills in programming, cryptography, database technology, and software engineering. Graduates will be ready to provide legal advice on ICT related matters across jurisdictions and work anywhere in the world. They will be able to perform interdisciplinary and comprehensive regulatory, analytical, and expert work in the field of IT Law, having all necessary skills to face the challenges posed by the extraterritoriality, novelty, and complexity of its problems. Estonia is considered an international leader in the field of IT for its technological and legal solutions as well as population that is open to technological advancements: We provide access to its best practices and cutting-edge developments.
- 3800 EUR.
Additional Program Information
- Minister of Education and Research of Estonia
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Monthly scholarships available.
- General Admission Requirements: - 4-year Bachelor's degree in Law (240 ECTS) or equivalent qualification - English language proficiency.
- International Requirements:
- Application Process: - Submit an online application. Please upload the electronic copies of all required documents for your application. This makes the pre-processing of your application quicker and is especially important for candidates applying to more than one programme. You will receive an applicant code which gives you access to your account to track your application status. - Mail the required documents by the deadline to: International Student Service, University of Tartu, Ülikooli 18, Tartu 50090, Estonia Participate in an interview in May.
- Scholarships Description:
- Tuition waiver scholarships for most international bachelor's and master's programmes.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program