- Tartu, Estonia
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The 2-year master’s programme in Geoinformatics for Urbanised Society prepares highly qualified specialists in handling and analysing spatial data and developing decision support systems for public, private, and non-governmental sector.
In the global information society, governance increasingly relies on sensors, BIG data, analysis, and fast decision-making. The society needs experts who handle the tools of geoinformatics while understanding environmental and social processes. Therefore, the master’s programme focuses on building interdisciplinary competence by combining geography and IT. Special emphasis is put on the development of practical skills of students.
- Learn geography and IT in the age of BIG data.
- Use tools to analyse socio-spatial and natural processes for interdisciplinary decision- and policy-making.
- Experience the full cycle of spatial data management beginning with fieldwork and data acquisition and ending with visualising planning solutions.
After graduation, young professionals can find employment in public, private, or non-governmental sector as spatial data manager, spatial analyst, or GIS consultant for planning and regional policy. There are numerous further employment options in local and regional development and policy. Motivated students can continuing their studies on doctoral level and pursue an academic career.
- 5000 EUR.
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Monthly scholarships available.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; prerequisite courses: at least 30 ECTS (one semester) completed in the previous level of studies either in geography, geoinformatics, information technology, environmental technology, planning, geology, ecology, biology, environmental physics, economy, sociology, or government and politics. English language proficiency.
- Scholarships Description:
- Tuition fee waiver scholarships are available.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program