- Tartu, Estonia
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Applied Measurement Science (AMS) is a 120 ECTS international Master’s program at University of Tartu. The degree is issued as follows: Master of Science in Engineering. The program provides thorough knowledge and skills in the areas of laboratory and technological measurements, testing and chemical analysis methods, quality systems, metrology and related economic and legal aspects.
Measurements must be considered in the broadest sense and have many applications:
- toxic metals in drinking water;
- cholesterol level in blood;
- strength of construction materials;
- protein content in wheat;
- octane number of gasoline
- and many more …
Importance of measurements is enormous for economy, society, medical sciences and much more:
- 40% of the EU directives involve measurements
- Critical economical, social, medical decisions are based on results of measurements
- Estimated direct annual spending on measurements alone is 80 billion EUR or 1% of the GDP in Europe.
- 5000 EUR.
Additional Program Information
- Contact the school for information
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- Full tuition waiver scholarships available,
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent qualification in the field of exact or natural sciences, technology, engineering or medicine. Prerequisite courses: at least 18 ECTS completed in the previous level of studies in physics or chemistry (only applicants whose average study result is at least 60% of the maximum are eligible to apply) English language proficiency.
- International Requirements:
- - Bachelor’ s degree (or equivalent) in the field of exact or natural sciences, technology, engineering or medicine; - Applicants must have completed 18 ECTS in physics or chemistry in prior learning periods; - English language requirements.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program