- Tartu, Estonia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
2-year master's programme prepares specialists for financial sector, banking and insurance industries in quantitative methods of risk assessment and hedging, providing knowledge and skills in two major areas - financial engineering and insurance mathematics. Sound knowledge and interest in mathematics are advantageous to succeeding in this master's programme.
The ability to derive, implement and use correctly numerical procedures for computing various financial quantities is crucial for being successful in the field of quantitative finance. It is also helps to make better choices when buying an insurance policy or stock options.
Why Actuarial and Financial Engineering?
- Special emphasis on applied mathematical models and quantitative methods.
- Only programme of this kind in the region, meeting EU educational standards in actuarial mathematics.
- Graduates very competitive on national and international job market as analysts, actuaries and risk engineers.
- Knowledge, practical skills and competence needed to succeed in careers at banks, insurance companies, consulting, financial utilities and financial supervisory authorities.
- The teaching staff consists of professors highly qualified in the field of financial mathematics, who have also done extensive research and have international experience. Some of the lectures in the programme will be delivered by visiting international staff.
- All graduates can find jobs easily in Estonia and around the world.
- 5000 EUR.
Additional Program Information
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; prerequisite courses: at least 24 ECTS completed in the previous level of studies in mathematics, incl. calculus, probability, statistics and 6 ECTS completed in computer science. English language proficiency.
- Scholarships Description:
- Tuition fee waivers available.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program