- Pecs, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
As it is widely known, in the past decades tourism became one of the largest and fastest-growing economic sectors in the world. As the UNWTO (World Tourism Organization) highlights in the latest reports, this branch of industry turned into a key driver of socio-economic progress through the creation of jobs and enterprises, export revenues, and infrastructure development in both developed and developing countries. Newer and newer areas and markets appear both concerning inbound and outbound tourism and competition and diversification also became key issues in the global tourism processes.
Since tourism is one of the greatest players of international commerce, represents 7% of the world’s exports in goods and services or contributes 10% to the global GDP or to global employment, it is definitely worth study and later on being occupied in this dynamically growing branch wherever you come from or wherever you would like to work later. If you see the business opportunities this industry offers you are the one we need.
When you finish your studies you will be an Economist in Tourism and Catering.
With the acquired economic, business, social sciences, applied methodology and tourism and catering specialised knowledge you will be able to manage the tasks and challenges and the related workflows in a wide range of activities related to tourism and catering. You will be able to reveal and analyse the factors influencing the tourism demand, create an attractive and experience based supply and organise and fulfil the related services activities.
At the end of our programme you will have the knowledge and skills of:
- You will understand the basic processes of the system of tourism and you will be able to be part of its professional operation;
- You will have the knowledge of the peculiar characteristics of tourism and catering businesses and their management;
- You will have practical and theoretical knowledge on the development of the different tourism products and the development and management of destinations
Professions and jobs
- tourism (destination, product) manager (both in private and public spheres – companies, local governments, state governing bodies)
- tourism planner, researcher, regional development expert
- hotel or restaurant manager
- hotel receptionist
- travel agent, travel organiser
- conference and event organiser
- tourism sales manager
- tourism marketing manager
- Setting Description:
- The University of Pécs, founded in 1367, is the oldest and one of the largest research universities in Hungary. With ten schools and 20,000 students, the University plays a significant role in Hungarian higher education. It is a truly international university in the heart of Central and Eastern Europe with our first English-taught degree program launched over 30 years ago. Today, the University of Pécs offers more than 40 degree programs taught in English with more than 4,000 international students. Nestled in the Carpathian Basin, Pécs in Hungary enjoys a low cost of living, yet is within 4-8 hour train ride away from some of Europe's marquee destinations including Venice, Vienna, Prague, and the spectacular Croatian coastline. Pécs is one of the most beautiful central European cities with a rich culture dating back to the Roman Empire. The city was designated by the European Union to be a European Capital of Culture in 2010. It is a vibrant yet peaceful, student friendly UniverCity.
- 110 USD / ECTS credit points USD. We provide our Study Abroad students with accommodation in double rooms in one of our fully equipped Residence Halls. The cost of the dormitory is cca 150 USD/month.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program