- Kyoto, Japan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
This five-week adventure is in the city of Kyoto, where students learn and live in the cradle of Japanese civilization. The UNO-Japan: Study at Doshisha University summer program has enjoyed remarkable success since 2009 and every year seems to get even better than the last!
Each of two chosen courses carry three hours of credit and emphasize the exploration of this culturally-rich world. Courses are typically offered in the Liberal Arts and include such topics as the Japanese language, Japanese Film, Philosophy, Art and History. Students learn from experienced faculty, as well as from the city and the people surrounding them.
Join us and take advantage of a unique opportunity to study where cultures merge and history emerged. The UNO-Japan: Study at Doshisha University program has something for just about everyone!
- Setting Description:
- One of the most picturesque, historically and culturally rich cities in Japan, Kyoto serves as the perfect backdrop for students to learn the Japanese language and take courses in such fields as Japanese Language, Literature, Political Science, and Film.
- The program fee is $5,595.00 and includes: tuition and university fees for 6 credit hours, housing, study abroad health insurance, guided city tour, lunchtime partner program, use of computer lab, lunch during class days, breakfast everyday and a 30-day city bus pass for Kyoto. Airfare and other personal expenses are not included in the price.
Additional Program Information
- 2.24 GPA and in good academic and disciplinary standing at home institution.
- Scholarships Description:
- All institutional awards are limited to full time, degree seeking UNO students. Students must apply to a study abroad program prior to applying for an award. Students may apply for more than one award when appropriate. More info firstname.lastname@example.org / 504-280-7116