Study Abroad As part of their undergraduate studies, students may come to the University of Haifa International School for a semester or year abroad. Students in the International School are able to choose from a wide variety of courses taught in English
- Haifa, Israel
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Religion, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Students from over forty countries around the world come to study at the University of Haifa International School in programs that are unique in their integrated approach towards the international student. The university is an inspiring cultural mosaic, with a harmonious population of diverse students.
Study Abroad As part of their undergraduate studies, students may come to the University of Haifa International School for a semester or year abroad. Students in the International School are able to choose from a wide variety of courses taught in English in the fields of: Arabic Language and Culture Archaeology, Business, Communications, Contemporary Israel, Economics, Hebrew, History, Holocaust Studies, International Relations, Law, Literature, Middle East Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Religious and Jewish Studies, and Sociology. Internship Program The International School offers students the opportunity to integrate career-related internships together with their studies during their time on campus. Special efforts are made for students who request specific internships relating to their career paths and study majors, and each placement takes into consideration the specific professional and academic interests of the student. We offer a three credit internship during the semester and a new eight-week summer internship for five credits. Summer Programs In June, we offer a selection of four-week courses in different subjects that unique to Israel. Courses are worth three academic credits and students can take up to two courses. The course offerings for summer 2015 will be: Green Technologies, Israel: A Mosaic of Culture, Religion, and History, Peace Psychology, Terrorism and Responses, and Economic Networks. We will be launching a new, eight-week summer internship program in June and july. The program will consist of two components: an academic workshop focusing on career development and the on-site field placement. This directed work-study experience will award five academic credits. In July and August, we offer intensive Hebrew Ulpan and intensive Arabic language. The University of Haifa is known to be the home to the most effective language learning programs in Israel. Each program is a four-week modular course, allowing students to enroll in either or both of the sessions. Each session awards five academic credits. Full Degree Graduate Programs The University of Haifa currently offers 1 different English-language graduate programs. Most the programs are for one calendar year and include practical experience, preparing the students for careers in their chosen field. Participants in the programs will have the opportunity to study with students from around teh world and israel. Each students receives personal attention and guidance from the program's leading faculty members.
Our philosophy includes an emphasis on academic excellence, integration with the local Israeli population and a rich schedule of social and cultural activities. We expose our students to an insider's view of Israel, its people natural beauty and cultural sites.
- Setting Description:
- The University of Haifa is located on Mount Carmel overlooking the Northern coast of Israel. It stands on the border of the Carmel National Forest and the multicultural city of Haifa. The University is fifteen minutes from the Mediterranean Shore and an hour from Tel Aviv and Nazareth. Also, it is two hours from Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.
- For detailed information about all programs and to apply, please visit our website or contact the Admissions Office.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program