- Geneva, Switzerland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
June 26 - July 7, 2017 (2 weeks)
Click HERE for more details.
- This course is an intense program on environmental governance, sustainability and energy dynamics across the globe.
- During this program participants will study new sets of risks associated with these global dynamics of change and energy development by engaging with representatives from key international institutions.
- The program is taught by faculty from UNIGE and renowned partner universities.
- Lectures will be held at Geneva-based governmental and non-governmental international organizations ( eg. UN, World Economic Forum, IRCA, WTO, WHO and UNEP etc.).
- This program delves deep into current international deliberations and their impacts on societies and cities.
- Students will discover the role, significance and contribution of Geneva to global circuits of change.
- Equivalence of 6 ECTS credits (45-60 hours of lecture)
- Understanding the interconnectedness of global and local challenges related to environment, energy and risk
- Overview of key research findings and governance experience
- Insight into selected research methods and analytical tools
- Knowledge about how international organisations and local players engage themselves and what drivers and barriers are
- Experience in interacting with experts and peers from various backgrounds
- Training of skills in discussion of complex issues, presentation and written reporting
Evaluation and grading
- Class participation (25%)
- Paper (50%)
- Group presentation (25%)
Please note: Changes to the draft program may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- 1500 CHF. Early Bird (March 1, 2017): 1,500 CHF Final deadline (May 1, 2017): 1,800 CHF
Additional Program Information
- Professionals, upper year undergraduates and graduate students.
- Scholarships Description:
- A limited number of partial or full tuition waivers are available. Please note that only financial reasons are valuable criteria for the waiver. Indicate your reasons in your motivation letter.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program