- Geneva, Switzerland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
June 5 - 17, 2017 (2 weeks)
Click HERE for more details
Geneva has long been one of the world’s capitals of international law and the headquarters of international institutions dedicated to human rights. This inspiring context naturally has led to one of the core strengths of the University of Geneva to be within the domain of international human rights laws and policies.
The Summer School ‘Children at the Heart of Human Rights’ is a unique opportunity for students and young professionals to engage with leading experts in a dynamic scientific interdisciplinary environment. It is the perfect academic and professional preparation experience for those students interested in children’s rights and international human rights organizations.
The course is shaped to bring out the best of current issues in the international debate on children’s rights studies and policies. It will examine these issues with an interdisciplinary perspective and investigate different international legal instruments such as the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and other human rights treaties and standard-setting instruments. This programme is characterized by a deep dive into the following :
- the interplay between theory and practice in the field of children's rights,
- the international perspective promoted by the lecturers from different regions of the world,
- field visits to several UN Agencies, international humanitarian organisations and NGOs, located in Geneva
The blending of all these features will favour a vibrant, challenging and fruitful interactive learning atmosphere.
Equivalence of 4 ECTS
Please note: Changes to the draft program may be made at any time prior to the start of the course.
- Early Bird (March 1st, 2017): 1,500 CHF Final deadline (May 1st, 2017): 2,000 CHF
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- A limited number of partial or full tuition waivers are available. Please note that only financial reasons are valuable criteria for the waiver. Indicate your reasons in your motivation letter.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program