March 16 – March 24, 2014. Spring Break 8 day program on different perspectives of green business practices. Study and learn about green practices from contrasting viewpoints: agro industrial businesses, universities, non governmental institutions, comm
- San Jose, Costa Rica; Santa Cruz, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Spring Break
- Program Description:
- Topics and visits include The Rain Forest of Braulio Carrillo National Park, white water rafting and Chocolate Tour; Banana plantations, packing plants and bio-digesters, at Earth University; Assukkar sugar cane plantation.
Lectures will also be imparted with governmental and nongovernmental institutions such as CINDE, Procomer and Rain Forest Alliance; a lecture with an indigenous community leader and visits to two industrial plants. The program ends with three nights in a five star All Inclusive Resort in the North Pacific.
March 16 – March 24, 2014. Spring Break 8 day program on different perspectives of green business practices. Study and learn about green practices from contrasting viewpoints: agro industrial businesses, universities, non governmental institutions, communities, multinational as well as Costa Rican industries and recycling and waste management operations.
Fee will cover the following:
- Transfers: airport – hotel – airport.
- 3 nights at Hotel Tryp Sabana in double/triple occupancy with buffet breakfasts and taxes.
- 1 night at the Earth University Facilities with breakfast, dinner, lunch, and tours described.
- 3 nights at Barcelo Langosta 5 Star All Inclusive Resort. Accommodation triple or double. All breakfasts and lunches, and four dinners are included.
- Day excursion to Sarapiqui: including white water rafting, chocolate tour, lunch transportation, and guide.
- Site visits and lectures (The lecturers could change depending on the speakers availability).
- Transportation with specialized guide.
- Local Insurance.
- Total per student: Regular tuition and fees for the course at UALR, airfare to Costa Rica and $1400 fee payable to UALR.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program