Through the combination of interaction with expert facilitators and field-based activities including in-depth lectures, hands-on discussions and excursions, participants will learn about Dominican culture, history, and social service platform through dire
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
- UAlbany's field-based semester study abroad program in the Dominican Republic, implemented together with Community Service Alliance and the Universidad Catolica Nordestana (UCNE), gives students the opportunity to be immersed in Caribbean culture, the Spanish language and engage and apply skills in a meaningful service learning project. In this program students will have the unique opportunity to be fully integrated into Dominican society and culture, beginning with Dominican University life at the UCNE campus in the town of San Franciso de Macoris, followed by sharing with family homestays in urban Santo Domingo, and culminates with a unique independent service learning project in a grassroots development project in health, economic development, youth empowerment or community participation.
Through the combination of interaction with expert facilitators and field-based activities including in-depth lectures, hands-on discussions and excursions, participants will learn about Dominican culture, history, and social service platform through direct experiences. They will have an opportunity to apply content learned throughout the program to contribute to a meaningful research or service learning project that is in line with his/her academic interests. See our website for more information.
See our website for more information.
- Setting Description:
- Students will have full support from the staff of Community Service Alliance and UCNE. During time on campus, there will be a student office with mentors and advisors available at all times. Each participant will have scheduled times to check in on their progress and help them develop their research/program practicum project. Weekly group seminars will be used to process experiences and provide support to ongoing work. See our website for more information.
- See our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program