The Porter School of Environmental Studies at Tel Aviv University's International MA Program in Environmental Studies.
- Tel Aviv, Israel
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Environmental Policy
- Program Description:
- The International MA Program in Environmental Studies aims to provide international candidates with an intensive multidisciplinary insight into environmental studies with an emphasis on Israel's unique geographic and geopolitical setting. It takes place over one year (3 semesters), is full time and is taught in English. Students study a broad selection of environmental subjects, through core courses and a range of electives, in order to gain an insight into Israel's environmental history both as an individual nation and as part of the greater Middle East region. In parallel to a broad overview, the program will focus on the area of water, exposing the students to the scientific, legal and policy aspects of one of Israel's most critical environmental issues. The program covers topics such as marine conservation, river rehabilitation and coastal management, and also looks at water as a political issue and how understanding water as a shared resource is key to coexistence in the region. The MA program will address these many topics through coursework, special seminars and fieldwork, giving students a unique opportunity to experience Israel's environment hands-on. As part of the elective course offerings, students are invited to apply for an internship position with Israel's leading environmental organizations, working in fields such as environmental advocacy, environmental planning, social justice, transportation and green architecture. The International MA Program in Environmental Studies offers a concentration in Business and the Environment. The concentration allows environmental studies students to complement their coursework with business management courses. The Porter School of Environmental Studies has long been recognized as one of Israel's most innovative environmental institutions, working to promote new areas of interdisciplinary environmental research, establish novel environmental teaching programs and strengthen the place of environmental issues on the academic and public agenda.
Additional Program Information
- The program is a master's program at Tel Aviv University, a fully accredited university.
- Financial Aid:
- The international program is open to students of all backgrounds. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of no less than 80 from an accredited university.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants who do not speak English as their mother tongue will be required to submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores of no less than 89 for internet-based tests, 230 for computer-based tests, and 575 for paper-based tests. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) scores of no less than 7.0 will also be acceptable for non-native English speakers.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program