The Neubauer Professional Internship program is designed to prepare students to excel in their future academic or professional careers all while taking in Israel’s unique entrepreneurial economy and Technion’s penchant for innovation. It provides a great
- Haifa, Israel
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Economic Development, Education, Health, Translation
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- Neubauer Professional Internship is offered by Technion International as part of the NEUBAUER American Semester Program. The program awards Technion credit for professional internships. It is open to qualified undergraduates and offers full- and part-time options. Students can be accredited up to 3 credits, for a minimum of 200 hours over a period of 8-30 weeks. Alternatively, students can join our Research Internships as part of their NEUBAUER Experience.
Israel is a great place for interns – there are many excellent opportunities in a relatively small geographical region.
Technion places its interns in various work settings. Intern opportunities can be at leading multi-national corporations (MNCs) like Microsoft, Intel, or HP (and other MNCs involved in high-tech and low-tech activities), at smaller companies like Panorama Software, or even at an early stage start-up like 90Min. We have also placed our interns in companies active in various domains such as clean-tech, software, retail, consulting, and more. In addition, there are opportunities to be had in governmental units (at the Office of the Chief Scientist for example) and within the Technion community itself, working with Technion Technology Transfer (T3) portfolio companies and/or at Technion labs. You can even start your own start-up, with other students if you so wish – the opportunities are far and wide!
The Neubauer Professional Internship program is designed to prepare students to excel in their future academic or professional careers all while taking in Israel’s unique entrepreneurial economy and Technion’s penchant for innovation. It provides a great opportunity for students wanting to gain valuable work experience in a particular career sector, putting into perspective connections between theory and the application of engineering and/or scientific principles. Moreover, the possibility of immersing oneself in the local business and engineering practices and customs develops skills and habits, broaden perspectives and can inspire life-long passions. The internships, which are unpaid positions, are open to students in all fields but are particularly relevant to students with a background in: engineering, science, pre-med and business. The program may count towards the Co-op requirement of your degree. You are advised to take the internship as part of a Technion academic semester or as a stand-alone program. The internship program is especially suitable to be taken along with the Study Abroad Neubauer Spring Semester programs in engineering and science, entrepreneurship, and introduction to medicine. Internships may be taken during the academic year (fall, spring and summer semesters).
- Setting Description:
- Technion Vision: A science and technology research university, among the world’s top ten, dedicated to the creation of knowledge and the development of human capital and leadership, for the advancement of the State of Israel and all humanity. Technion–Israel Institute of Technology is a public research university in Haifa, Israel. Founded in 1912, Technion is the country’s oldest university. The institute offers degrees in science and engineering, and related fields such as architecture, medicine, industrial management and education. Although the official language of instruction at Technion is Hebrew, several undergraduate and graduate study programs and courses are taught in English through Technion International. Technion, consistently ranked among the world’s top 50, is a major source of the innovation and brainpower that drives the Israeli economy. Technion graduates represent 70 percent of the high-tech workforce and established Israel’s industrial infrastructure, reinforced its
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Merit based Scholarships
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program