This 15-day study tour examines China’s higher education institutions by visiting five of its leading universities in the major cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Nanjing. By combining university information sessions and lectures on Chinese history and educ
- Beijing, China; Nanjing, China; Shanghai, China
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- - Visit five universities, including the 3 premier institutions of Tsinghua U., Peking U. and Nanjing U.
- Attend lectures by local professors and administrators about modern Chinese history and the administrative structures of their universities.
- Lunch with individual Chinese students at a campus eatery.
- Tour major cities of Shanghai, Beijing and Nanjing.
- Visit the Great Wall, Forbidden City and other major cultural attractions of China, including six UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Hotel accommodations.
- Travel on China’s bullet trains at 190 mph.
This 15-day study tour examines China’s higher education institutions by visiting five of its leading universities in the major cities of Beijing, Shanghai and Nanjing. By combining university information sessions and lectures on Chinese history and educational philosophy with excursions to major cultural attractions, participants will acquire knowledge and an appreciation for the historical and traditional significance of higher education in China while enriching their knowledge of the contemporary Chinese student. Language proficiency in Mandarin is not required.
Course of Study HEA 560 – Comparative University Systems: Higher Education in China Students who qualify may earn 3 graduate credits for taking this course, which fulfills the elective requirement for the Master’s Degree and the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- - Application Fee:$60 - Tuition Rate:$432 per credit for NY residents; $841 per credit for non-residents - Program Fee:TBA(Cost for 2014 was $1,835) Program fee include: double room, all breakfasts, 10 lunches, and 10 dinners, excursions, entry fees, luxury coach bus/train tickets, tour guides, international health insurance coverage and gratuities. - Administrative Fee: $200 (non-refundable) - Other Fees: Estimated at $575 for Passport (if applicable), Visa (if applicable) - Travel: Estimated
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program