The Master of Arts in Jewish Professional Studies (MAJPS) is a new model of learning and training for Jewish professionals.
- Chicago, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Organizational Leadership
- Program Description:
- The Spertus MAJPS program offers core courses in the areas of classical and contemporary Jewish knowledge that are most relevant to Jewish communal life today, combined with essential professional training in nonprofit management and individualized study to advance students’ personal and professional interests. It has a strong mentoring component that fosters professional development and the integration of coursework and professional work. The program is offered through a combination of courses offered on-campus, in intensive seminars, and through distance learning. It is run on a cohort basis, offering the opportunity for students from a wide range of institutional and professional backgrounds to network, learn from one another, and create a vibrant community of practice. Cohorts begin annually.
Additional Program Information
- Spertus is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604
- Admissions requirements include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Several years of Jewish communal professional experience is preferred.
- International Requirements:
- No international students at this time.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program