COURSES Students must register for the following 3-Credit course: ILS 630/ILS499 Seminar in International Librarianship is on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Informatics 3 Credits Graduate students will also have the option of enrolling in the fol
- Beijing, China; Tianjin, China
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Summer, Winter Semester
- Work Types:
- Computer Science, Medical, Nursing, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Learn about traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) in the field of information & library science, and visit some of China's most magnificent sites in this 2-week summer program.
Students will have the opportunity to meet international health information professionals, and acquire practical knowledge of informatics and services provided in Chinese libraries. Professional visits include the National Science Library, Institute of Information on Traditional Chinese Medicine (IITCM), Chongwen Health School, Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine and medical university libraries, as well as urban and rural healthcare clinics in Beijing and Tianjin.
Cultural learning excursions will give students the opportunity to visit the Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Ming Tombs, and the Forbidden City. Excursions will also include demonstrations of Taijiquan and Qigong as well as experiencing various forms of actual herbal medicine, acupuncture and dietary therapy.
COURSES Students must register for the following 3-Credit course: ILS 630/ILS499 Seminar in International Librarianship is on Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Informatics 3 Credits Graduate students will also have the option of enrolling in the following online course, taught in conjunction with ILS 630: ILS 619 S70 Medical Bibliography and Libraries 3 Credits
A deposit of $500.00 will be required when the application is submitted to the OIE. The deposit is non-refundable once the student is notified by the faculty trip leader of his or her acceptance into the program. This guarantees participation in the program and reserves lodging. A second payment of $1,425.00 is due on March 4, 2014. The remainder of the balance ($1,425.00) is due no later than May 1, 2014.
- Setting Description:
- LODGING Program participants will stay at the International Dorms of Tianjin Institutes of Technology, and will partake in elements of TUT’s summer program. For more information on the university's summer program, please visit our website.
- Program Fee: $3,350.00 This program fee includes: • Airfare, • Round-trip domestic transportation from SCSU to the airport, • Lodging, • Three planned group dinners • Breakfasts, • And entrance to all excursions sponsored by the program. This program fee does not include SCSU’s tuition and summer registration fee ($1,399.00 for Undergraduates enrolling in 3 credits, $1,756.00 for Graduates enrolling in 3 credits or $3,457.00 for Graduates enrolling in 6 credits), personal expenses, touring
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program