- Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Enhance your studies and experience life in the UK with the Study Abroad Programme at Sheffield Hallam University. Meet new people and expand your horizons as you study with us for one semester or a full year.
The Study Abroad programme enables you to study with us on a short-term basis and gain credits towards your degree, even if we don't have an exchange agreement in place with your University. This provides you with a wider choice of subjects to choose from.
If you plan to study for one semester, you can choose from a September or January start date. If you'd like to come to Sheffield for a full year, you'll start in September.
What are the entry requirements?
To apply to the Study Abroad programme, you'll need to be studying towards a degree at a recognised university, and have completed at least one year of your course. This means you'll join us during or at the start of your second year of study. You will also need to provide evidence of your learning and proficiency in English.
What can I study?
We offer a wide range of subject areas to suit your degree, and you can view all our offered routes in the Study Abroad Programme Catalogue (PDF). Your first year of study must be relevant to the route you choose.
Our subject areas include:
- Animation and games
- Creative writing*
- Film, Screen and Stage
- Hospitality, Tourism and Events
- Media and communications
Can I take the credits back home?
We offer transferable credits for your time in Sheffield.
- 60 credits for one semester
- 120 credits for one year
In addition, on successful completion of your studies you will be awarded an International Certificate in your chosen subject area for one semester or an International Diploma in your chosen subject for one year. As part of the award you are also required to successfully complete a Global Citizen Portfolio module.
However, you will need to check that your home institution will accept these as credits towards your degree and that the route is relevant to your final year.
- Tuition fees are payable for students on the Study Abroad programme. One semester EU £4625, International £6375 One year EU £9,250, International £12,750 In addition you'll also need to cover your own accommodation and living costs. EUR.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Apply for the Study Abroad scholarship: 1 November for January starts £1,000 Postgraduate Taught Scholarship and Study Abroad Scholarships
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program