Students engage in critical thinking and interdisciplinary study, and balance traditional and contemporary printmaking practice.
- Savannah, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graphic Design & Multimedia
- Program Description:
- In the SCAD printmaking program, critical thinking, interdisciplinary study and applications of technology are balanced with traditional and contemporary printmaking practices. Media-specific courses include etching, lithography, relief printmaking and serigraphy, as well as photographic computer applications for printmaking. Studios, equipment and computer labs are provided for beginning-, intermediate- and advanced-level courses in lithography, monotype, etching, letterpress, book arts, and processes that incorporate photo application such as photogravure, photo lithography and serigraphy. SCAD printmaking facilities specialize in low toxicity and nontoxic techniques.
Additional Program Information
- The Savannah College of Art and Design is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- SCAD encourages applications from students who demonstrate successful completion of appropriate coursework on the undergraduate level and adequate preparedness to undertake graduate-level study. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or should anticipate completion of a bachelor’s degree before enrollment in the graduate program. All applicants are evaluated individually according to previous educational experience and level of achievement. Please see website for admission information.
- International Requirements:
- SCAD welcomes students from throughout the world. Please see website for international student requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program