Students synthesize the strengths of design disciplines to holistically address large-scale challenges to the human condition.
- Savannah, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Program Description:
- At SCAD, design for sustainability is a transdisciplinary program that embraces sustainability as an integrative framework. By synthesizing the strengths of various design disciplines, the program holistically addresses personal, local and global challenges to the human condition in the 21st century. Students develop into committed leaders and passionate agents of change for economical and ecological prosperity, and social equality. They work on real-life problem-solving with clients, ranging from corporations to non-governmental organizations, to community organizations. By distilling complex issues through proven tools, methodologies and strategies, students focus on creative solutions to strengthen systems. The program infuses social and environmental science methodologies into design disciplines, seeking to educate and advocate the economic benefits of sustainable practices. Upon graduating, design for sustainability students have a competitive advantage, possessing the skills and abilities to direct and integrate sustainable practices in multiple fields.
Additional Program Information
- The Savannah College of Art and Design is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- SCAD encourages applications from students who demonstrate successful completion of appropriate coursework on the undergraduate level and adequate preparedness to undertake graduate-level study. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or should anticipate completion of a bachelor’s degree before enrollment in the graduate program. All applicants are evaluated individually according to previous educational experience and level of achievement. Please see website for admission information.
- International Requirements:
- SCAD welcomes students from throughout the world. Please see website for international student requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program