- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
SRISA offers American University level undergraduate courses taught in English in a variety of areas of study. All classes, with the exception of Italian, are taught in English. Most students choose to study for one or two semesters. Fall and Spring semesters are 15 weeks long and students enroll in 15-16 credit hours.
- Fall (September-December) Total Credits: 15-16
- Spring (January-April) Total Credits: 15-16
- Fine Arts
- Liberal Arts
Photography, Digital Imaging, Printmaking, Book Arts, Painting, Drawing, Art History, Museum Studies, History, Music Appreciation, Politics and Social Science, Literature, Creative Writing, Cinema (Film Studies), Journalism, Fashion Design, Jewelry Design, Textiles Design, Italian Language (All Levels).
CLASSROOM STRUCTURE & INSTRUCTION:
Academic Lecture Classes:
These classes meet twice a week for a total of 3 contact hours per week. Classes combine in-class lectures, discussion and on-site visits and instruction. Most academic courses are reading and writing intensive and will require a minimum of 6-9 hours of work outside of regular class-time.
These hands on courses meet twice a week for a total of 6 contact hours per week. Studio courses combine practical lessons, in-class demonstrations and slide presentations. When possible students go on-site to work or visit exhibits or museums of relevance to the subject being studied. All courses require outside work and in-class critiques, both group and individual. Advanced studio courses may require written assignments and many require students to keep a sketchbook.
Grading and Evaluation:
Students are graded using the American University model of evaluation.
Most courses integrate on-site visits to museums and exhibitions and at times require day trips. These excursions are considered an integral part of the course curriculum and attendance is mandatory. The fees for these excursions are not included in tuition fees and students will be invoiced separately after the end of the add-drop period for these excursions along with general lab fees.
- 8,495 USD. FALL 2019 TUITION (15-16 CREDITS) TUITION: $8,495 DOUBLE OCCUPANCY HOUSING: $3,980 ACTIVITIES FEE: $1,000 PROCESSING FEE: $70 SUBTOTAL: $13,475 TRANSCRIPT FEE (OPTIONAL): $250 SINGLE ROOM FEE (OPTIONAL): $800
Additional Program Information
- Student must be at least 18 years of age. Student must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. Student must have maintained a 2.5 GPA* in all college work attempted. Student must be able to fluently speak, write, and take exams in the English language. Student must submit their most recent official academic transcripts to the Admissions Office along with their application. * Students with a GPA lower than 2.5 may petition for acceptance by submitting a letter of intent, sample portfolio with 5-10 images of work or 2 writing samples, and 2 letters of recommendation along with their enrollment application.
- Scholarships Description:
- The SRISA Scholarship Program provides an invaluable opportunity for prospective SRISA students to study abroad in Florence.