This programme develops knowledge and understanding of the research processes and to the specific area of evaluation research.
- Exmouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- This programme integrates a core of social research with evaluation research. Modules are shared with the nationally recognised and long established MSc in Social Research. This provides students with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of the research processes. This programme extends that knowledge to the specific area of evaluation research. It allows students to specialise and provides important policy-relevant skills. It integrates evaluation research to provide students with a flexible opportunity to develop and apply their knowledge and understanding of the research process. The award is intended for those who wish to develop an understanding of both evaluation and social research in theory and practice, either before taking up employment, whilst in employment as part of a career development programme or as a preliminary to doctoral research. In addition, because this programme uses a core of modules which are utilised on a suite of similar programmes there is flexibility to change between these programmes if a student so wishes. (MSc Social Research, MSc Social and Market Research and MSc Social and Education Research). Our MSc Social Research and Evaluation pathway focuses on the specific area of evaluation research and can be applied to all stages of ongoing projects and programmes, from the initial proposals through their processes, their monitoring and finally to the use of the results of research.
Additional Program Information
- The programme is accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS). Students are eligible to take the exam for the MRS Advanced Certificate in Social and Market Research. This is an internationally recognised qualification.
- Financial Aid:
- A good honours degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional qualification. Other applications will be considered depending on experience, motivation and aptitude.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their compatibility with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program