The award is to deepen knowledge of social research theory and practice, and to apply this knowledge to different contexts.
- Exmouth, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- This course integrates a core of social research with marketing and market research. Modules are shared with the nationally recognised and long established MSc Social Research. This provides students with an opportunity to develop their knowledge and understanding of the research processes. This programme extends that knowledge to the specific area of marketing research. It allows students to specialise and provides important industry-relevant skills. In recent years the public sector has moved its research focus increasingly towards market and marketing applications. The private sector meanwhile, has developed its expertise in researching services, and more recently not-for-profit markets, as well as becoming increasingly aware of the importance of its societal marketing role. This award has been developed in response to these changes, which blur the traditional distinctions between social and marketing research. The award is intended for those who wish to deepen their knowledge of social research theory and practice, and to apply this knowledge to specific market, marketing research and societal marketing contexts. It can be studied either before taking up employment, whilst in employment as part of a career development programme, or as a forerunner to doctoral research. The degree provides students with a relevant, advanced and sophisticated understanding of market(ing) and social research processes. Our MSc Social and Market Research pathway provides the evidence that explains the response to changing consumer tastes and business climates and informs all levels of economic, social and political decision making. Programme content • Social research design • Social sciences philosophy and methodology • Quantitative analysis • Qualitative research • Fieldwork skills • Project planning • Marketing research, methods and practice • Marketing management • Marketing strategy
Additional Program Information
- The programme is accredited by the Market Research Society (MRS). Students are eligible to take the exam for the MRS Advanced Certificate in Social and Market Research. This is an internationally recognised qualification.
- Financial Aid:
- A good honours degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional qualification. Other applications will be considered depending on experience, motivation and aptitude.
- International Requirements:
- Applicants with overseas qualifications can check their compatibility with the UK equivalent through NARIC, who provide an advisory service. The minimum IELTS score for acceptable English proficiency for entry is normally 6.5.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program