- Nottingham, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
You will begin this course by exploring digital photography and ensuring you know the basics of working with your camera in manual mode. Through talks and workshops, you will gain new knowledge of contemporary photography at a local, national and international level.
You will then go on to learn simple and effective darkroom techniques that are being used by photographers and artists today. These techniques will enable you to engage with the past and identify with its early pioneers. You will:
- develop a personal approach to photography
- define your own project
- create innovative images that combine digital technology with primitive printing processes.
As the course progresses and your body of work grows, you will apply this knowledge to exploring craft-based presentation skills, namely the artists’ book. You will learn the basic techniques of Adobe InDesign to produce effective layouts and learn about the print process.
You will hear how artists are using book art techniques today, and how different methods can be used for different audiences, before choosing the appropriate method to complete an innovative project to present on the final day.
By the end of the course, you will have put on a mini exhibition of your darkroom prints and created a contemporary hand-crafted book!
You should be competent in using your digital SLR camera. You should also have the required English language skills.
- Setting Description:
- Join the University of the Year 2017, 2018 and 2019 and attend a world-class summer school programme! Our Global Summer School is a fantastic opportunity for you to study and live in the UK whilst making friends from across the world. There’s over 25 courses to choose from, available for two, three or four weeks, so you can create your perfect Summer School.
- £1100 GBP. £990 early payment discount
Additional Program Information
- You should be competent in using your digital SLR camera. You should also have the required English language skills.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program