Founded in 1908, Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University (YGPU) is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Russia. In addition to twelve regular departments, the university maintains an institute of teacher training, a center for Russian lang
- Moscow, Russia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Psychology, Religion, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Designed for students at an either an intermediate or advanced level of Russian, the Middlebury C.V. Starr School in Russia offers students a broad range of academic and cultural immersion. Through a flexible and demanding academic program, and with a variety of local contacts outside of the university, we strive to allow students maximum independence in their academic and social lives. In addition to improved Russian language ability, this level of independence allows students to develop practical survival skills for later work or study in the country.
Founded in 1908, Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University (YGPU) is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Russia. In addition to twelve regular departments, the university maintains an institute of teacher training, a center for Russian language testing of foreign students, an astronomy society, university museum and botanical gardens. The School in Russia program at YGPU is coordinated through the Department of International Relations. Instructors at the School in Russia program come from ?????????????? ????????? of the Yaroslavl State Pedagogical University, as well from other institutions of higher education in the city.
Participants in the C.V. Starr-Middlebury Schools Abroad don’t just study a language—they live it. Many of our students major in disciplines other than foreign languages, yet all bring a level of proficiency that supports their commitment to language and cultural immersion. They sign and honor the Middlebury Language Pledge because they want the greatest possible challenge in a study abroad program and an authentic experience in every respect; academic, social, and even professional. Participants take courses in most subjects with host country students, intern or engage in volunteer work, and live with a host family. Indeed, at every juncture of their time abroad, students have the chance to "live the language" and immerse themselves in the host culture.
- Setting Description:
- Yaroslavl, celebrating its millennium anniversary in 2010, has an unmistakable feeling of tradition and history, and its Kremlin walls give this city of 650,000 residents the feel of a small town. Onion-domed churches are at the end of seemingly every street, and its historic center is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Russia’s first professional theater company was founded here, and its school of icon and fresco painting competed with the Novgorod and Pskov schools. Yaroslavl’s vibrant social life gives it a youthful, energetic feel that blends well with its traditional customs.
- Semester Tuition (includes health insurance): $13,650. Year Tuition (includes health insurance): $27,300
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program