Science & Engineering Program : ESP1(29 May to 25 June 2015) : Choose from electives taught in English: Introduction to Renewable Energies: A Focus on Solar Energy or Industrial Entrepreneurship in a Sustainable Economy or Ecology Versus Economy: Views
- Lille, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The European Summer Program is composed of two sessions (from 29 May to 25 June and 30 June to 23 July 2015).
4 programs are available for any student to find the right summer abroad program they are looking for:
- Arts, Social Science and Business program (General program): Students follow intensive French language classes in the mornings and choose an elective, taught in English, in the afternoon.
- Science and Engineering program: In June, students follow intensive French language classes in the mornings and choose an elective, taught in English, in the afternoon. In July, students have tuition in English in various subjects related to "Sustainable Development and Technologies of the 3rd Millennium".
- French Only program: Students take an intermediate or advanced French intensive course in the mornings + an elective, taught in French, in the afternoon.
- Graduate Law program: Students take tuition in English about Comparative Transatlantic Law.
The ESP is an academic program that permits students to transfer credits in their university of origin.
The program is designed as a « package » deal, including courses, trips in Northern France and some large European cities, accommodation, and pick-up at the train station.
Feel free to browse our webpages for more information and to contact us for any further information.
Science & Engineering Program : ESP1(29 May to 25 June 2015) : Choose from electives taught in English: Introduction to Renewable Energies: A Focus on Solar Energy or Industrial Entrepreneurship in a Sustainable Economy or Ecology Versus Economy: Views from France, Europe and the World Each elective will include 9 hours of formal instruction in intercultural communication 40 hours 3 ECTS credits Plus Intensive French Language Program - beginner, intermediate, advanced levels 48 hours 4 ECTS credits ESP2(30 June to 23 July 2015): Choose from electives taught in English: Current Practices in Renewable Energy or Cybersecurity or Color Your World or Food Systems & Security or Global Water Resources, Enviornment & Natural Catastropes 40 hours 3 ECTS credits Plus Choose from common core taught in English: Engineering Design : From Pencil to Product or International Teamwork and Communication or Renewable Energies, Global Issues and Perspectives or Human Motor Development 40 hours 3 ECTS credits
The program has been designed as a “package” deal, including academic courses, curriculum-related field trips, personalized assistance, accommodation on the campus, and provided breakfast and lunch during weekdays—another advantage especially for students travelling for a first time. Furthermore, at ESP, students benefit from small multicultural classes and a multidisciplinary teaching approach by experienced and highly qualified French and international faculty. All courses fulfil ECTS standards. The combined course structure of electives and language/intercultural courses helps students to develop both academic and cultural skills at the same time.
- Setting Description:
- Universite Catholique de Lille is France’s largest private university with over 25,500 full time students and 5,000 staff members. As a comprehensive university, Lille Catholic University is home to 26 different faculties and schools and offers more than 170 distinct degrees in several major fields of study: - Law, Economics & Management - Sciences & Engineering - Health Sciences & Social Work - Humanities
- 2490 euros
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program