The postgraduate studies are meant for applicants coming from emerging or developing countries who were little or not exposed to scientific literature and research techniques during their bachelor's or master's studies. Students are introduced in scientif
- Leuven, Belgium
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
- Students who are granted the postgraduate degree "cum laude" (with praise) or higher have fulfilled the requirements to be eligible for admission to the doctoral programme.
Students will learn to:
- conduct and plan experiments independently,
- search for and analyse scientific literature,
- write a critical report in sound scientific language,
- present results in front of an audience and respond to questions on the subject.
The postgraduate studies are meant for applicants coming from emerging or developing countries who were little or not exposed to scientific literature and research techniques during their bachelor's or master's studies. Students are introduced in scientific work and rationale by bringing them in direct contact with practical laboratory work. The research project enables the student to conduct experimental scientific research within the framework of a research programme of a laboratory of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences. The theoretical courses expand the student's theoretical qualifications allowing him/her to conduct the experimental work with improved comprehension. During the examination, emphasis is laid on the understanding and knowledge of the executed experimental work.
- Setting Description:
- KU Leuven is an autonomous university. It was founded in 1425. It was born of and has grown within the Catholic tradition. From its Christian view of the world and the human, KU Leuven endeavours to be a place for open discussion of social, philosophical and ethical issues and a critical centre of reflection in and for the Catholic community. KU Leuven offers its students an academic education based on high-level research, with the aim of preparing them to assume their social responsibilities. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that carries out both fundamental and applied research. It is strongly inter- and multidisciplinary in focus and strives for international excellence. To this end, KU Leuven works together actively with its research partners at home and abroad. KU Leuven encourages personal initiative and critical reflection in a culture of idea exchange, cooperation, solidarity and academic freedom. It pursues a proactive diversity pol
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program