- Jerusalem, Israel
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Undergraduate Study Abroad program at the Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School (RIS) is open for college or university students who have completed at least one full academic year in their home university and who are looking to study in Israel for a semester or a full year. In addition, students can earn transferable credits, partake in internships, carry out an independent study, or take specialization courses in specified areas.
Studying at top-ranked Hebrew University’s RIS will inspire you. Experience Israel’s remarkable culture through field trips and social activities, as well as through optional subject-specific tracks and courses on Hebrew language, Israel, and the Middle East. Jerusalem will be a second classroom for you, full of colorful sights, sounds, smells, and tastes. You can choose from a wide range of topics while studying in Jerusalem, a center of historical, political, and religious significance. Our city is also central in the development of advanced technology and innovative entrepreneurship. Advance your career through an internship with one of Israel’s leading organizations. Whether you study for a semester or for a year, your life will be richer with Jerusalem as your second home.
- Setting Description:
- From the hilltop of the Mount Scopus campus, the incredible panorama of Jerusalem unfolds. Medieval maps show Jerusalem as the heart of the world. Astonishingly, it remains there: the seam line where West meets East, the First World faces the Third World, and where Judaism, Christianity, and Islam meet.
- Tuition: $12,700 | Housing: $5,900 USD. Please see our website for cost per semester and part-time costs.
Additional Program Information
- Students who have completed at least 28 semester credits from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 (B) cumulative GPA or its equivalent are eligible to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Visit our website.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Masa Study Abroad - Best Decision of my life!!05/19/16
I studied abroad at Hebrew University in Jerusalem the Spring semester of 2010 and it was the best decision of my life. I made lifelong friends, had so many unforgettable experiences, and came home so much more connected to my Jewish identity that it
impacted my career and I worked for a Jewish nonprofit organization when I came home. It seemed every weekend we were looking at each other saying "this is the best weekend ever!" whether it was scuba diving in Eilat, going on one of countless unbelievable hikes, visiting Tel Aviv for a fun weekend out clubbing and at the beach, or even just a typical weekend home in Jerusalem doing a potluck Shabbat dinner with friends. My life would be very different if I never made the decision to study abroad, and I'm so glad I did. Highly, highly recommend this once-of-a-lifetime experience; I think no matter where you study abroad it's bound to be amazing, but doing it in Jerusalem had such a long-term effect on my life that I can't imagine going anywhere else. Very grateful to Masa for the opportunity; I've stayed involved in the 6+ years since!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend