- Jerusalem, Israel
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
DanceJerusalem offers university-level artistic and technical training in the disciplines of Classical Ballet and Contemporary Dance Choreography (including Ohad Naharin’s GaGa). Our DanceJerusalem program will give you the artistic training and inspiration to create and perform meaningful works. This joint initiative of the Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance (JAMD) on the Edmund J. Safra Campus on Givat Ram and Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School (RIS), which is ranked among the world's top 100 universities, allows you to benefit from the expertise and support of two highly respected institutions. JAMD’s dance courses will push you to reach beyond your physical limits and give you the confidence to create, rehearse, and perform your own works. You will also explore Israel’s rich and vibrant culture through field trips, social activities, and courses on Hebrew language, Israel, and the Middle East.
Courses are also taken at the Rothberg International School in a variety of areas such as Jewish, Israel, and Middle East studies; international relations; human rights; behavioral sciences; and Hebrew- and Arabic-language studies.
- Expand your artistic and technical training in traditional and contemporary forms of dance.
- Create, rehearse, and perform works with renowned Israeli composers and choreographers.
- Receive individual instruction from Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance faculty.
- Be inspired by the rich cultural, historic, and religious significance of Jerusalem.
- Immerse yourself in all aspects of Israeli life and culture.
- Setting Description:
- From the hilltop of the Mount Scopus campus, the incredible panorama of Jerusalem unfolds. Medieval maps show Jerusalem as the heart of the world. Astonishingly, it remains there: the seam line where West meets East, the First World faces the Third World, and where Judaism, Christianity, and Islam meet.
- Tuition: $19,790 USD. Please see our website for cost per semester.
Additional Program Information
- Dance Students in their first, second, or third year of university study may audition. Applications will be jointly reviewed by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem’s Rothberg International School and the Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance.
- Scholarships Description:
- See website for more information.