- Jerusalem, Israel
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The ArtJerusalem Program will give you artistic training and provide you with continuous inspiration to create. Choose courses from diverse areas including painting, sculpture, jewelry and fashion, photography, and visual communications. You’ll also explore Israel’s rich and vibrant culture through field trips, social activities, and courses on Hebrew language, Israel, and the Middle East. This joint initiative of the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design Jerusalem and Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School (RIS) gives you the benefits of two renowned institutions in one program.
The Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design is Israel’s most renowned art and design institution. Established in 1906 by Prof. Boris Schatz, Bezalel is also Israel’s oldest academic institution, offering students from all over the world a wide range of theoretical and practical courses in all the different art and design media. Today the Bezalel Academy is home to 2,000 gifted students and 400 lecturers. Both the faculty and the student body are driven by a passion to create and by their meticulous attention to detail and excellence. These two cornerstones have placed Bezalel at the epicenter of Israel's cultural discourse and artistic scene, making it instrumental in shaping and enriching the country's cultural identity.
Israel is uniquely situated in a geo-political junction, a meeting point of Western and Eastern culture, between Islam and the Judeo-Christian world. In this context, Bezalel’s mission, together with RIS, is not only to promote the spirit and tradition of Jewish creativity, but also to nurture a humanistic and pluralistic spirit which promotes tolerance and respect for the individual and their creative endeavors.
- Setting Description:
- From the hilltop of the Mount Scopus campus, the incredible panorama of Jerusalem unfolds. Medieval maps show Jerusalem as the heart of the world. Astonishingly, it remains there: the seam line where West meets East, the First World faces the Third World, and where Judaism, Christianity, and Islam meet.
- Tuition: $19,190 (includes housing) USD. Please see our website for cost per semester.
Additional Program Information
- Art Students in their first, second or third year of university study may audition. Applications will be jointly reviewed by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem’s Rothberg International School and Bezalel.
- Scholarships Description:
- See website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program