Mission Statement Grand Rapids Theological Seminary is a graduate school that prepares biblically and culturally informed ministry leaders for service through Christ’s church. Core Values Grand Rapids Theological Seminary enacts its mission on the
- Grand Rapids, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graduate Certificate
- Program Description:
- Mission Statement Grand Rapids Theological Seminary is a graduate school that prepares biblically and culturally informed ministry leaders for service through Christ’s church. Core Values Grand Rapids Theological Seminary enacts its mission on the basis of the following core values: • Biblical Worldview- We engage theological education from a high view of biblical authority, with appreciation for the flow of the biblical story, and with a commitment to exegete the whole Bible in its original languages. • Spiritual Transformation- We understand and pursue ongoing spiritual transformation as a communal redemptive process of growth in faith, a process fostered by knowledge of the Word of God and expressed in character development, ethical transformation, and greater love for God and people. • Critical Thinking- We believe critical thinking requires a strong commitment to scholarship, engagement with diverse viewpoints, and appreciation for the tension of ideas associated with developmental process. • Christ’s Church- We exist to serve Christ and His worldwide church as partners in the development of ministry leaders through a variety of formal and non-formal means. • Disciplinary Integration- We nurture skillful integration of the theological disciplines to foster holistic growth in theory and practice, while affirming the value of specialization in the theological disciplines. • Lifelong Collaborative Learning- We foster a disciplined approach to learn throughout one’s lifetime and as a shared journey with others. • Cross-cultural Understanding- We affirm cross-cultural interdependence with the diverse cultures and perspectives of the world, and recognize the importance of cultural exegesis and sensitivity for effective ministry. • Diverse Community- We appreciate an academic community which includes men and women of diverse ethnic, socio-economic, and Christian theological traditions.
Additional Program Information
- Association of Theological Schools and the Higher Learning Commission
- Consult www.grts.us for specific requirements for each degree program.
- International Requirements:
- 1) Pre-Application 2) Official Application 3) Financial Support Form 4) Transcripts 5) TOEFL Examination Scores 6) Tuition Deposit 7) Student Visa
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program