During the first year of study you learn what Mechatronics is about. You are involved in projects which are supported by typical Mechatronics related subjects like: - Mechatronic design - Electrical networks - Mechanics - Digital design - C#-programming -
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Education, Engineering
- Program Description:
- Mechatronics engineers design or select sensors and actuators, develop control algorithms and use or develop advanced functional materials for the design of mechanical systems such as chassis stabilising systems, engine control units, disk drives, cameras, service and surgical robots. Very often mechatronics engineers are generalists rather than specialists. From design to making a robot: the bachelor program Mechatronics has a focus on robotics and control technology. The Bachelor program Mechatronics leads to the degree of Bachelor of Engineering (BEng).
During the first year of study you learn what Mechatronics is about. You are involved in projects which are supported by typical Mechatronics related subjects like: - Mechatronic design - Electrical networks - Mechanics - Digital design - C#-programming - Mathematics - Integrated design techniques - General engineering skills - Communication and presentation techniques
Fontys within top 5 in Dutch university rankings The “Keuzegids”(Dutch Study selection guide) is an independent guide and ranking that aims at critically assessing and comparing the quality of Dutch universities. In general, Keuzegids is considered the most prestigious ranking in the Netherlands. With a score of 62.5 Fontys ranks among the best four large universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. Additionally, all study programs itself were assessed. Here, Fontys managed to score above-average in the study fields of Engineering, ICT, Logistics, Business Administration and Management.
- Setting Description:
- The Eindhoven region, also known as the Brainport region of the Netherlands, is the most important technology and industrial center of the Netherlands. With 730,000 inhabitants and a workforce of 400,000. Eindhoven generates € 24 billion of GDP and € 55 billion in exports, one-quarter of the Dutch total. It is a manufacturing center in a high-cost country. By focusing on producing high-value, technology-based products, it is in competition with fast-growing manufacturing centers in nations with much lower costs. At the same time, however, Eindhoven is saddled with demographics familiar to Europe, in which a low birth rate and aging population is reducing the regional labor force. To win the battle for the talent that provides its competitive advantage, the region must make itself economically and socially attractive to knowledge workers from around the world and concentrate on innovation.
- Statutory tuition fees for EEA-students academic year 2016/2017 will be EUR(€) 1,984. Non-EU/EEA students who enrol in the 2016 – 2017 academic year as Bachelor degree programme students at Fontys University of Applied Sciences need to pay tuition fees of EUR 6,400. Please note that expenses relating to books and readers are not included in the tuition fees.