ICT & Software - 1st year of study In the first year ICT offers theoretical subjects and practical laboratory training in several subjects including: - Programming in C# - Mathematics - Computer systems - Databases - Internet applications - Communication
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Computer Science, Education, Engineering
- Program Description:
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT) offers 3 bachelor programs:
- ICT & Software Engineering
- ICT & Business
- ICT & Technology.
These 4-year study programs are international programs, leading to the international Bachelor degree in ICT. It is a university programme conducted in English intended for the professional field of ICT & Software Engineering, ICT & Business and ICT & Technology. With the knowledge and skills found at Fontys University of Applied Sciences, in the faculty of ICT students can work as high-level engineers in the ICT sector.
ICT & Software - 1st year of study In the first year ICT offers theoretical subjects and practical laboratory training in several subjects including: - Programming in C# - Mathematics - Computer systems - Databases - Internet applications - Communication 2nd year of study In the second year in depth software engineering subjects are given, like: - Programming in C - System Development - Object Oriented Design - Client Server Application - Operating Systems ICT & Business - 1st year of study In the first year the program is for 75% the same as for the students who choose ICT & Software Engineering. From the 2nd semester you will do extra subjects related to business analysis tools. 2nd year of study In the second year subjects such as are given: - International Business Orientation - Management - Economics, Law - International Marketing - Export Operations ICT & Technology - 1st year of study The first year the programme is the same as for the students who choose ICT & Software. 2nd year of study In the second year in depth software engineering subjects are given, like: - Programming in Java - Programming in C++ - Object Oriented Design - Embedded Software - Client Server Application - Operating Systems
Fontys within top 5 in Dutch university rankings The “Keuzegids”(Dutch Study selection guide) is an independent guide and ranking that aims at critically assessing and comparing the quality of Dutch universities. In general, Keuzegids is considered the most prestigious ranking in the Netherlands. With a score of 62.5 Fontys ranks among the best four large universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. Additionally, all study programs itself were assessed. Here, Fontys managed to score above-average in the study fields of Engineering, ICT, Logistics, Business Administration and Management.
- Setting Description:
- The Eindhoven region, also known as the Brainport region of the Netherlands, is the most important technology and industrial center of the Netherlands. With 730,000 inhabitants and a workforce of 400,000. Eindhoven generates € 24 billion of GDP and € 55 billion in exports, one-quarter of the Dutch total. It is a manufacturing center in a high-cost country. By focusing on producing high-value, technology-based products, it is in competition with fast-growing manufacturing centers in nations with much lower costs. At the same time, however, Eindhoven is saddled with demographics familiar to Europe, in which a low birth rate and aging population is reducing the regional labor force. To win the battle for the talent that provides its competitive advantage, the region must make itself economically and socially attractive to knowledge workers from around the world and concentrate on innovation.
- Statutory tuition fees for EEA-students academic year 2016/2017 will be EUR(€) 1,984. Non-EU/EEA students who enrol in the 2016 – 2017 academic year as Bachelor degree programme students at Fontys University of Applied Sciences need to pay tuition fees of EUR 6,400. Please note that expenses relating to books and readers are not included in the tuition fees.