In the first year of study you are introduced to the broad subject of Industrial Engineering & Management. During the first quarter, you immediately start learning about production techniques and materials used in production. You will work in groups, anal
- Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester
- Work Types:
- Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
- Industrial Engineering & Management (IE&M) prepares you for managing a technological company by offering an optimized program developed and improved over several decades. You will be trained for a future management team role through extensive teamwork and project assignments in real companies in the Brainport region around Eindhoven. IE&M is the right match between practice and relevant theory and it will make you an attractive candidate for many job openings as soon as you will finish your degree.
In the first year of study you are introduced to the broad subject of Industrial Engineering & Management. During the first quarter, you immediately start learning about production techniques and materials used in production. You will work in groups, analysing a household device with all its components. The remaining quarters of the first year, you will also be involved in group tasks, analysing and finding improvements for companies going through a range of change processes, including changes to production facility and product design. To facilitate your achievements in these projects, there will also be introductory lectures for key subjects such as business economics, manufacturing technique and organisation and management.
Fontys within top 5 in Dutch university rankings The “Keuzegids”(Dutch Study selection guide) is an independent guide and ranking that aims at critically assessing and comparing the quality of Dutch universities. In general, Keuzegids is considered the most prestigious ranking in the Netherlands. With a score of 62.5 Fontys ranks among the best four large universities of applied sciences in the Netherlands. Additionally, all study programs itself were assessed. Here, Fontys managed to score above-average in the study fields of Engineering, ICT, Logistics, Business Administration and Management.
- Setting Description:
- The Eindhoven region, also known as the Brainport region of the Netherlands, is the most important technology and industrial center of the Netherlands. With 730,000 inhabitants and a workforce of 400,000. Eindhoven generates € 24 billion of GDP and € 55 billion in exports, one-quarter of the Dutch total. It is a manufacturing center in a high-cost country. By focusing on producing high-value, technology-based products, it is in competition with fast-growing manufacturing centers in nations with much lower costs. At the same time, however, Eindhoven is saddled with demographics familiar to Europe, in which a low birth rate and aging population is reducing the regional labor force. To win the battle for the talent that provides its competitive advantage, the region must make itself economically and socially attractive to knowledge workers from around the world and concentrate on innovation.
- Statutory tuition fees for EEA-students academic year 2016/2017 will be EUR(€) 1,984. Non-EU/EEA students who enrol in the 2016 – 2017 academic year as Bachelor degree programme students at Fontys University of Applied Sciences need to pay tuition fees of EUR 6,400. Please note that expenses relating to books and readers are not included in the tuition fees.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program