The Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MA-MFT) is designed to prepare women and men to counsel in a variety of contexts. Based upon the theoretical orientation of family systems thinking, the program integrates biblical truth and Christian f
- Myerstown, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graduate Certificate
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Program Description:
- The Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MA-MFT) is designed to prepare women and men to counsel in a variety of contexts. Based upon the theoretical orientation of family systems thinking, the program integrates biblical truth and Christian faith with these understandings. This program meets the academic requirements for Pennsylvania state licensure for marriage and family therapists. The MA-MFT is a 65 credit program which may be completed in 2.5-3.0 years of full-time study by attending two days per week OR 3.5-4.0 years of part-time study by attending one day per week. Students are admitted in a single cohort and work through the program together. Additional days are necessary when students begin their practicums during the last semesters of the program. Applicants are admitted for fall admission only. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early as the number of seats is limited. Additionally, acceptable applicants will be offered provisional admission pending the outcome of a required group interview with department faculty.
Additional Program Information
- Evangelical is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges and by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada.
- It is suggested that an applicant have an undergraduate degree in psychology, sociology, social work, human services, family studies, nursing, or the equivalent. If the applicant does not have such a degree, a 3 credit course in “Life Span Development,” or its acceptable equivalent, is required. In addition, 6 credits of graduate Bible courses (one OT and one NT) are also required. If needed, these Bible courses may be taken in conjunction with the student’s regular program, as co-requisites. Applicants with an undergraduate degree in biblical studies may also be granted a waiver.
- International Requirements:
- TOEFL and Certification of Finances
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program