- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
This unique program was specially designed for undergraduates. Spend one challenging and fascinating semester in St. Petersburg, learn more about Russian history, politics, energy resources, cultural history, and arts, and improve your Russian at intensive Russian language course. The module draws upon the resources and experience of the renowned International MA Programs: IMARES and ENERPO but is tuned to the specific requirements of the undergraduate training. Throughout the semester in Saint Petersburg students will receive professional academic training in the Russian area studies and get a diverse personal experience of the Russian society. The courses in history and culture will include on-site classes in cultural and historical venues of Saint Petersburg. All instruction is in English.
Workload and credits
- 12-week semester of 12 weeks, from 18 to 36 contact hours per week
- The choice of 3 to 5 courses corresponding to 18 to 30 credits (9 to 15 US credits).
- Each subject course carries 6 credits (3 US credits) and is taught for 4 academic hours per week plus homework. Delivered through lectures and seminar sessions for which home reading is assigned, each course involves submitting one or two essays.
- The Russian language is taught for 8 hours per week in groups corresponding to proficiency level. Final evaluation can include the official TORFL test.
SAMPLE COURSES AND LECTURES
Political Changes in Post-Soviet Eurasia (6 Credits)
Russian-American Relations from the Historical Perspective (6 Credits)
Energy Security and Russian Politics (6 Credits)
The Evolution of World Energy Oil and Gas Markets (6 Credits)
You may join the USSR program twice a year. The fall semester starts in September-October. The spring semester starts at the beginning of February. You may choose whichever start date best suits your needs.
There are 3 easy steps to apply for the USSR program at EUSP:
Complete the Application form Send us all the required documents Receive notification of acceptance/rejection
Application selection procedure
Applications are assessed by the EUSP International Programs Admissions Committee. Applicants can expect an admission decision approximately two weeks after submitting a complete application.
Admissions continue on a rolling basis until all places are taken. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Due to a somewhat lengthy Russian Study Visa issuing process, we ask to send the completed application form no later than
October 30, 2020, for enrollment in Spring Semester 2021
April 30, 2021, for enrollment in Fall Semester 2021
- 8600 USD. The tuition is 8,600 US dollars per one-semester program per student corresponding to the standard load and credits.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program