- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Political Science
- Program Description:
One-year intensive IMARES Master’s degree program focus on Russia and the post-Soviet area. This comprehensive program allows you to study Russia and the whole Eurasian area in all aspects from A to Я. You will examine the past and analyze the most up-to-date events unfolding in the region, learn Russian, and experience life in Russia. Together with other international students you will study and discuss a variety of topics, including foreign policy and security issues in Russia and neighboring countries, history and current events, changing society and reforms, and, of course, Russian culture and arts.
This is the only program in Russia that gives you the opportunity to
- get an MA in Russian and Eurasian Studies in 1 year;
- select the courses by the leading Russian and international professors and experts in the field;
- design your own individual program from the broad course catalog;
- study in the English language;
- learn and improve your Russian;
- enjoy the life in St. Petersburg - the old imperial capital of Russia;
- get an excellent foundation for your career in public service, academia and business.
IMARES program has empowered our alumni to make a career in
- educational institutions in North America, Europe, and Russia;
- research and administrative duties at Thomson Reuters, Elsevier, Smithsonian Institution, libraries and museums, editorial boards of academic journals and publishers;
- journalism at The New York Times, The Moscow Times, etc;
- private and state companies such as IBM, Bank of America, and Boeing;
- government bodies (e.g. foreign embassies, NASA), national or regional councils and parliaments;
- international organizations such as the International Criminal Court, The World Bank, European Commission.
BA degree. No prior knowledge of Russian is needed.
In terms of backgrounds and prior experience, IMARES students are often as diverse as the topics they study at the EUSP. Whether you are a historian, political scientist, sociologist, journalist or language specialist, studying at EUSP will give you the opportunity to broaden your horizons and gain new perspectives in a career.
You may start IMARES twice a year. The fall semester starts at the beginning of September. The spring semester starts at the beginning of February. You may choose whichever start date best suits your needs.
Admissions continue on a rolling basis. Due to a somewhat lengthy Russian Study Visa issuing process, we ask to send the completed application form no later than
October 30, 2020, for enrollment in Spring Semester 2021
April 30, 2021, for enrollment in Fall Semester 2021
- 17200 USD. The tuition fee is 8600$ per semester (17200$ per program)
Additional Program Information
- EUSP and all our Master's degree programs have a Russian State Accreditation
- Financial Aid:
- FinancialAid Info:
- National and International Funds