The Medical and Health Professions Education master's degree program is designed to prepare educational leaders in various...
- Norfolk, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Education Leadership & Administration
- Program Description:
- The Medical and Health Professions Education master's degree program is designed to prepare educational leaders in various medical and health professions organizational settings. The program will provide advanced education in the areas of learning, assessment, curriculum, instruction, research, evaluation, leadership and professionalism with an emphasis on real-world, practical applications. The curriculum incorporates the use of cutting edge instructional methods and technology throughout. This two-year 31-credit hour distance learning program is designed for working professionals who require flexibility as they pursue an advanced degree in education, as well as for less experienced individuals seeking a long-term role in medical and health professions higher education. Program Goals -Prepare future educational leaders with advanced education in the areas of learning and assessment, curriculum and instruction, research and evaluation, leadership and professionalism. -Foster and sustain a culture that emphasizes real-world, practical application of educational challenges within medical and health professions settings as a vital form of scholarship. -Cultivate a community of practice for educators, scholars and practitioners where theories are applied to daily activities, and practices and experiences are shared, discussed and reflected. -Promote and support learner-centeredness through flexible distance education delivery modalities to meet the professional and personal needs of busy working professionals.
Additional Program Information
- Eastern Virginia Medical School is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Doctor of Medicine degree, Masters' degrees, Doctoral degrees, and Certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- Financial Aid:
- Candidates must have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating as an EVMS student. -A bachelor’s degree in Health Professions/Medical related discipline, Education or related field OR -A Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field with the addition of 3 + years of experience in a health related field. -Official transcripts must be sent in an unopened envelope directly to admissions office. -GPA of 3.0 (4-point scale) -GRE/GMAT may be required if the GPA is below requirement -Three letters of recommendation (Online recommender forms will be sent to the recommenders upon completion of online application) -Letter of intent/personal essay -Resume/CV with experience listed -Complete and Submit Online Application (including $60 application fee)
- International Requirements:
- English Proficiency Exams -TOEFL (Minimum Scores: Paper 550, Computer 213, iBT 80) -IELTS (Minimum Scores: Total 6.5, Subscores 6) -May be waived In addition to official transcripts provide both a transcript evaluation and translation -ECE or WES -Must supply both a Course-by-Course Evaluation and an overall GPA calculation.