The EVMS Medical Master's degree is a one-year pre-professional (post-baccalaureate) master's degree program.
- Norfolk, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Biomedical Science
- Program Description:
- The EVMS Medical Master's degree is a one-year pre-professional (post-baccalaureate) master's degree program. With the exception of a library research paper and a seminar course, the majority of the courses are medical school courses taught by medical school faculty. The seminar and library research paper are integral parts of the program and provide opportunities to critically review and integrate concepts from current biomedical science and clinical literature. The program provides an opportunity for highly motivated students to improve their academic credentials by demonstrating their academic abilities in a rigorous medical school environment. For this reason it is particularly suitable to help students to make themselves more competitive applicants to medical programs.
Additional Program Information
- Eastern Virginia Medical School is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Doctor of Medicine degree, Masters' degrees, Doctoral degrees, and Certificates.
- Financial Aid:
- Applicants to the program must: --have completed all undergraduate degree requirements and have been issued a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculating. If the bachelor’s degree was issued by a U.S. college or university. Official transcripts from the awarding institution must specify the date upon which the degree was issued. --have successfully completed each of all of the medical school prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better in each semester. We do not accept on-line course work from International schools. --have a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (B-) or better. --have taken the MCAT with a score of at least 27 and a test date no earlier than two years prior to matriculation (i.e., students applying for the entering class of 2014 must have an MCAT score dated 2011 or later).
- International Requirements:
- We do not accept applications from International students unless you are a U.S. Permanent Resident.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program