- Des Moines, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Medicine & Premed Programs
- Program Description:
The College of Osteopathic Medicine provides educational excellence through its innovative curriculum based on the systems approach to medical education. Students learn in a welcoming and friendly environment that offers extensive practical experience in the clinical setting, one-on-one interaction with experienced educators and clinicians, and the opportunity to work together with classmates to realize individual goals. Averages for students entering in 2009: Overall GPA of 3.7 and a science GPA 3.66; MCAT score 27.03 with writing sample "O." Average age 25; range from early 20s to early 40s. Class size 221. Students come from all over the U.S. and several foreign countries. The College awards over $1.6 million in scholarships each year. The Global Health initiative offers international experience through medical missions and international rotations.
Additional Program Information
- The College of Osteopathic Medicine is accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association. Des Moines University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association o
- MCAT score no more than 3 years old; supplemental application; seat deposit ($1,000).
- International Requirements:
- International students must meet all SEVIS requirements for studying in the U.S.. Students who have earned their undergraduate degree outside the United States are encouraged to spend at least one year studying in the U.S. prior to attending DMU.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program