The MS in Health Promotion degree will prepare you to lead individuals & communities in improving their health.
- Overland Park, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Health Education & Communication
- Program Description:
- There is no doubt that this is the perfect time to consider a career in health promotion. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the health education profession is expected to grow much faster than the average for all profession. Do you see yourself as a Grocer Wellness Consultant, Medical Center Health Promotion Coordinator, Public Health Educator, Wellness/Broker/Consultant, Wellness Coach, Policy Writer, Health Management Economist, or a Wellness Director? Then, this is the advanced degree for you! Cleveland's Master of Science in Health Promotion (MSHP) equips graduates in four areas: 1. Students develop a working knowledge in the field of health promotion 2. Students are taught & mentored by credentialed faculty who work full time as leaders in health promotion 3. Students receive hands-on experience in research and field work 4. In addition to a graduate level diploma, students sit for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or nationally accredited health-related certification. The MSHP Degree requires 36 credit hours and up to 70% of your class time is completed online. The core course block is designed to provide students with advance study in strategies, planning, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs. This degree can lead to employment in the following areas: -Work site health -Sports health -Community and public health education -Health research -Health policy -Planning and evaluation of programs -Exercise -Nutrition and diet -Philanthropy-related health programs -School or college health -Clinical applications within health care practices
Additional Program Information
- Higher Learning Commission, North Central
- Financial Aid:
- International Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts; See current catalog for International student requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program