Visit volcanoes, beaches, rain forest, waterfalls, mountain villages, market towns, and more! Improve your Spanish - A two-week intensive Spanish Language course in Quito is included! Hands-on, custom internship in Ecuador Go for any amount of time whenev
- Guayaquil, Ecuador; Otavalo, Ecuador; Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Social Services
- 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- You’ll find endless wonders to keep you busy in this high-altitude city, where you can choose from bartering in markets, traversing the city, and exploring beaches, jungles, crater lakes, and the Galapagos. On our Intern in Ecuador program, you will get a professional internship tailored to your skills and interests, as well as community needs. You will experience:
Local community development opportunities – You will get to know your host community and learn about the unique challenges Ecuadorians face by volunteering abroad in an orphanage, women’s center, or any of our other intern placements.
Résumé-boosting experience – Besides improving your Spanish language skills, you’ll be gaining valuable international work experience and professional references for the future. This will certainly help during the post-graduation job search!
Strong staff support – Before your trip you will work with CISabroad staff in the U.S., and once you arrive in Quito, our site director will help you with internship and home stay placement, excursions, and general support.
Beautiful sites - Although small, Ecuador is home to some of the widest variety of biodiversity in the world!
A vibrant city- The downtown area of Quito has been labeled a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its unique blend of old and new architecture and culture. You’ll have a blast getting to know this city!
360° Networking Toolkit - You will receive business cards, resume/interview coaching, and an internship completion certificate. You’ll also gain access to a seminar series on topics such as developing and maximizing a LinkedIn account, interview expectations, adding the experience to your resume, and more! Jump-start your career with the CISabroad global network!
Visit volcanoes, beaches, rain forest, waterfalls, mountain villages, market towns, and more! Improve your Spanish - A two-week intensive Spanish Language course in Quito is included! Hands-on, custom internship in Ecuador Go for any amount of time whenever is best for you Live with a local family Amazingly affordable Strong on-site support from our site director Great, inexpensive Andean cuisine, including local specialty cuy (guinea pig!) Thriving artisan markets throughout the city Learn some fancy salsa moves in one of many dance studios and then strut your stuff with impressive salseros on the dance floor Visit nearby ruins to learn about Quito’s importance in the Incan empire Incredible weekend excursions - visit the lush coast, trek in the mountains, or sit in the shadow of a volcano
* Internship placement and support * Homestay * Meals (2 per day) * Medical and accident insurance * CISabroad support services before, during, and after the program * Financial aid counseling * Assistance with travel arrangements * Predeparture orientation * On-site orientation * Airport pickup * On-site support * Carbon offset of travel
- Setting Description:
- Quito has something to offer every traveler. From lively festivals and dances to leafy, tranquil parks, you will never be bored of your options! Be sure to tour the city’s ancient ruins and churches, and spend time in the city’s downtown area- the entire area has been labeled as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for the well-preserved state of its historical center. Additionally, you can easily access the countless volcanoes and mountains surrounding the city from downtown Quito. There are several different neighborhoods within the city that each have their own distinct feel, so you can feel as though you’ve traveled to a new city with each one. Enjoy the quaint historic district, where you can walk past colorful buildings on cobblestone streets; spend time in the traveler scene, where there are numerous travel agencies, hostels, restaurants, and a busy nightlife; and take in the more artistic areas, filled with museums, galleries, cinemas, and live Andean music. Ecuador has several dif
- For current costs and dates please visit the CISabroad website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program