- Athens, Greece
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend a Summer in Greece and study more than what you learn in the classroom. Roam the rugged hillsides filled with lush wildflowers edged by the blue waters of the Mediterranean and discover a country where no home goes without olive oil or feta; a place that prides itself on generational culinary practices and warm hospitality.
Summer in Greece's course options include Psychology, Music, English Language and Literature, Administration, General Engineering, and Information Technology. The Hellenic American University was established as a US institution of Higher Ed in 2004 and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, the oldest accrediting association in the US.
Program fees are in US dollars and include the following: Placement and supervision Housing (off campus shared apartment) Medical and accident insurance Pre-departure and onsite orientation Financial aid counseling Assistance with travel arrangements Airport pickup service On-site support Carbon offset of travel
- Setting Description:
- Flanked by three large bodies of water, Greece is located on the southernmost point of the Balkan Peninsula, south of Albania, Macedonia and Bulgaria and a stone's throw from Italy. The capital, the city of Athens is located in the south-east region of Attica, and is one of the oldest cities in the world, with a recorded history of some 3400 years but is nowadays a bustling, modern city, home to the third largest port in the world, approximately 5,000 people and countless visitors. It is one of the most important cities in southern Europe for international trade, tourism, entertainment, arts and education, yet still charmingly Greek with traditions and customs reflecting its location on the crossroads between east and west.
- For current costs and dates, please visit the CISabroad website.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for current offers.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Life Changing Experience09/21/19
To anyone considering a study abroad experience, it is one of the greatest college opportunities that can be right in front of you. Going abroad with CIS not only gave me many opportunities that I never knew I had right in front of me but they also provide
many opportunities for scholarships to help pay for the program expenses, a new passport and travel expenses. Going from a small town in high school to the University of South Carolina was a big step for me, taking on the opportunity to travel to Greece never having been out of the US before has made my college experience that much greater. The CIS Abroad - Summer in Greece Session II was a three week long study abroad which took place during July of my Junior year summer. Spending time in a place where you have no idea any of your surroundings and getting to know 10-15 new people where everyone is just as long became some of the best bonding time of my college career. I was given the opportunity to room with 5 other people in a town filled with all Greeks to where we were immersed straight into the culture. CIS didn't house us in an apartment in a touristy area. Being straight in the middle of Athens CIS still put us in a local community surrounded by grocery stores, pharmacies, homestyle restaurants, chained Greek restaurants and many other available options right there at our finger tips. CIS also provided us with opportunities to do things as a group included in our program fees to make us feel at home to be guided around by a local working for CIS. I have already considered trying to find a way to do another study abroad program through CIS during my senior year!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend